Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Change of Plans

kak dah n family had a change of plans. instead of us going together to melbourne, they decided that it's best if gina n i go earlier (when the airfare is cheaper) while they thot of going to NZ first n then fly to melbourne for lyana's graduation. well i was stunned at first, simply bcoz nobody consulted me. n NZ is much more scenic than australia. the only problem is that gina n i r on a tight budget. n bcoz of that, i had to kiss the NZ trip good bye. *sigh*

i was feeling miserable, n complained to my shaggy bear... who asked "do u need my help?" n i answered "there's not much that u can do". i was still feeling morose on the phone, n again he asked the same question. n this time, i wondered just wat he had in mind. "wat do u mean "help"?" n the answer : "do u want to use my card?" auuuwwwww..... i was so touched... of course i declined the offer. my previous bfs never offered any financial assistance (not that i'm materialistic, it's just that i think a man is so much a gentleman when he does that). they unashamedly asked me to lend them money. obviously, this is a trait which i think is very unbecoming in a man. despite my sometimes feminist views, i always believe that a man should be chivalrous to a lady - hold the door open, pay the dinner bla bla bla...

There's a sunshine in my heart
it smiles its rays onto the Eden
filled with joyous song
and cheerful birds
happy roses and gentle gardenias
all rejoice in my happiness.
there's a sunshine in my heart
i feel so light that it makes me giddy
i feel so happy that i sing
i feel so happy that i'm loved