Thursday, November 03, 2005

Eid Mubarrak





I woke up at 5something n made my way to the kitchen.kak sham n mother were cooking nasi dagang. felt like helping, but the bloatedness in my tummy (caused by the pucuk paku in the bubur lambuk) really rankled me, so i went back to sleep.woke up at 6.20am, n after subuh prayer, prepared the ingredients for masak lodeh. i'm not really a big fan of nasi dagang, n was quite upset when the grand dame declared that the main course for raya feast was going to be nasi dagang. i love lontong, n kak dah cooks lontong every year since her hubby is a johorean. while she was cooking, i did some finishing touches on my tiramisu.
the tradition in my family is that we ask for forgiveness, but we dont stand to any formal ceremonies like wat ppl see on tv. being noisy as we r, the atmosphere was made lively with apit's antics n funny remarks. after that, we had family photos, with the grand dame sitting in the middle, while we the daughters sat beside her.
we went to 2 cousins' houses, n could only eat a bit. i was already worried that my waistline is going to expand again (not that it hasnt expanded already). back home, we're like ular sawa, sleeping comfortably after eating a big amount of food. in the evening, both me n asha went briskwalking around the neighbourhood. it's kinda weird, u know, everybody else was visiting the big houses, looking their best in their baju melayu n baju kurung while asha n i were in our sports attire...hmmm
tomorrow we're going to my late father's village, which is situated by the sea. i'll try to post some pics taken there.