Saturday, May 13, 2006

Triumph and Defeat



i got mail from UM the other day. it was not a letter, but a card... a congratulatory note from the dean of arts fac. so i 've passed :o). they misspelt my name though.

last week, my drama team went to compete in the state level competition. sad to say, we only managed to get the 2nd place. my students were very upset. i understand their frustration. i spent many hours with them, so i've come to know this bunch very well. it pained me to see them suffering - some girls cried, my best actor didnt walk up the stage to receive his trophy, and they refused to take lunch at the school which hosted the competition (and won). for me, it wasnt about winning the title. it's about being able to guide these teenagers, to laugh and cry with them.

No comments: