Saturday, January 05, 2008

still the little girl

i'm a grown woman living in her own house. i'm the mistress of my own. and yet, last week, when i wanted to do something for the safety of the house, (and obviously for my safety too), i was criticised badly by my siblings.

that's when you get when you're the youngest of 9. whatever age you are, they never see you as an adult, but as a girl who can never learn to live in the harsh world. it really upsets me, because they never seem to respect my decision and keep on patronising me. of course, one even said "i know that's your house, so that's your decision..." but then went on to lecture me. god, will you all please stop that? one even said "i dont want you to one day say you regret doing this".

and this came from my educated, high flying siblings (said in the dryest tone possible).

all i want to do right now is to escape to some meadows filled with wild red poppies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i keep danny's slippers outside when he's away. danny could not understand why your brothers let you stay alone.