Sunday, February 03, 2008

appreciation

when i first taught tok jiring students eons ago (god i feel as aged as gandalf or belgarath), i was very young, bursting with idealism, encouraging my students to go the extra mile. being a fresh new teacher, i was still new at managing the students in class, and most of the time, i behaved like them too.

but i'm proud to say that after 10 years, some of the students i taught have contacted me through friendster, and i've met some of them. some of them have been successful, some are doing okay, but the most important thing is that they remember. a girl that i taught invited me to her wedding, which i did go, and after 9 years, i met her, all grown up and now she's a wife. just a few hours ago, another boy (now a man! haha...makes me feel old) met me at home, bringing her fiancee'. we've contacted each other through emails, reading about each other's stories and learning about life in the process.

my heart is smiling.

3 comments:

Art said...

later ull see me winning a nobel prize with my speech id like to thank my favourite english teacher, miss nora!! hopefully its mrs nora by then! wish both of us luck and pray!
=p

Anonymous said...

Dear Ticer.
tq for the post. i just read it.
its been a long time since.
wish u are well and safely feeling more secure at home.
i am planning for the wedding to be on the 3rd raya at the brides house and the other 1 i'm looking at ur availability..

nora muhammad said...

thanx pieco