Friday, December 05, 2008

life in KL (for me)

i've almost settled in now. except for my boxes of literary theories and novels and my paintings and pics, that is. otherwise, i'm doing ok. i'm happy to say that the existence of the supermarket just across the road really is a convenience, a big convenience and i know that anytime i've run out of fresh ginger or need fresh meat i can count on the supermarket.

since this is a school holiday, i've been spending my time meeting my friends and also at my sister's house in PJ, being "summoned" by my mother. i spend my nights here just like when i was in trg, until my bro in-law asked me 2 nights in a row if i was going out. i think the fact that i said i prefer to stay in surprised him, because when i was staying here while doing masters, i was always out almost every night. i guess this has something to do with maturing up. of course, if i can attend MPO concert or go to the theatre, i won't miss the chance; but i'm content to be at home, as i told my bro in-law, those days are gone. it's a bid strange isnt it? you crave and crave for something then when you finally have it, you just dont want it anymore.

now i understand how my favourite brother feels when he flies to other international cities. yes, granted, i'm an avid traveller, and at first i couldnt understand my brother who spends his time in all these exciting cities cooped up in a hotel instead of discovering the novelty of the cities. just last 2 weeks he went to paris and did not leave his hotel - which was at the airport.

yes, i'm staying at one of the most 'alive' places in KL. 5 years back i would be out watching movies or attending MPO concert or going out for a dinner at chilli's or just to revel in the KL night life. now i'm comfortable to be at home. getting older, perhaps? haha.

4 comments:

zHi|MiNg said...

hi teacher, how are you now?
How's the life in a new environment?
Any robbery at your new housing area? Wish you live happily ever after...
by the way, where are you staying now?

Anonymous said...

hi ticer.. hows life in kl? i hope we can meet sometime... hehe..
can u give me ur current active email address.. i wanna invite u on something interesting.. u might like it..
u can ym or email me at bolehblah@yahoo.com
fiqaz

nora muhammad said...

zhiming... the environment s ok...until u start walking n see mat bangla or indon that is...hehehe

Wei Lim_93 said...

wow... KL sounds fun!!! Good luck teacher!!!