Sunday, February 22, 2009

DanSing Through Broadway

yes, because i love the theatre, i've again shown my support by attending a musical show, in which my tesl friend fara (tria) is involved. i went with my other tesl friend kak nan, and after a whole day of activities, we made our way to DBKL (no, not about the thrash) and screaming in the process of doing so as we (that means I) realised that there are roads that i cant just turn to the right or left.

the show started with a clueless guy who is educated by a theatre manager on the musicals that have been staged throughout the twentieth century. to my delight, the first performance was taken from Hello, Dolly which, as a movie, has Barbra Streisand as Dolly Levi. the song "Put on your sunday clothes" was nostalgic to me, and i was still humming the song until this evening. the rest of the snippets were taken from other world-renowned musicals such as The Westside Story, Oklahoma!, Chicago, Miss Saigon, Oliver, Grease and others which i cant recall offhand right now. yes, i had fun. the performers are all good, because it's a challenge to be able to dance and sing at the same time.

hats off to you, fara.

No comments: