Thursday, July 22, 2010

Meeting with My Literature Coursemates

a long time ago, when i first started blogging, i wrote a lot about the "suffering" that the M.A. students had to undergo in UM. suffering, because, the standard is so damn high that it took me 3 years to produce a dissertation. and since 1964 there're only 47 M.A. scholars who made it and received the scroll.

anyway, last sunday i met up with Iris and Nash. Iris is motherly and gave me good advice when i was moping after a breakup and couldn't write a term paper that was due on that particular day. i owe her a lot for that. nash is a literature genius and could rattle off some thinker's name during Literary Theory and talked about his seminal work. he was the one who helped me with my dissertation - we discussed regularly and he also went through my working chapters before i sent them in to my supervisor.

in short, these people were there when i needed them. 

so when Nash said he's flying to Australia to do his PhD this 24th, i had to see him. and so did Iris. it was fun meeting them, and memories of us having lunch before the next class some years ago flashed in my mind. i told Nash i'm going to miss talking to him. 

well, Nash, good luck in your PhD!

No comments: