Saturday, May 17, 2008

coming home 2 KL

on thursday, my last day at school b4 i embark on my spiritual journey, the teachers came to salam and to slip some "gift" and asking me to pray for them. my friend sazi was surprised to hear this, but i told her it's the culture here in terengganu (to slip the gift). when they came i was busy marking the exam papers, as instructed by the principal. i've only 1 class left, which i've to hand over to another teacher. as i submitted the marks to the Sec of Exam Unit, she asked me if i'm taking flight. i said no.... i'm driving. and she was shocked. for someone who knows the roads in KL and is used to moving about, i'd feel handicapped without my car if i'm in KL for more than 2 days. and probably because i learnt to depend on myself rather on other people, because i have to.

yesterday i drove in a sunny disposition in my trusted Honda City, listening to my mp3s and eating big delicious pau (given by one of the teachers especially for the journey). as i was driving i received numerous smses from students and ex-students, wishing me happy teachers' day. and as i was nearing KL i realised that i wanted to reach KL asap, because i miss my family and friends. and i realised that although technically my hometown is KT, it felt like i was returning home when i reached the last mtd prime toll in gombak. as usual, KL infamous traffic jam greeted me, and because i was heading towards PJ, the traffic was quite smooth but slow.

i reached kelana jaya with a migraine despite the quite glum weather. mother was sitting on her throne as usual, and little adam was around to entertain - he's the 3rd generation of our malay-chinese bloodline.

and last nite i had a girl's nite out with my niece inas and we lepaked until midnight (would have gone further than that but experience told me to go back b4 calls were made).

it's good to be back home

2 comments:

C.Kiddo said...

Teacher...U dun teach in SS anymore??? Wat a waste... :(

Unknown said...

huh? or teacher's only on leave?