Saturday, May 31, 2008

Shoe Mania

any sex and the city fan will remember the scene when carrie bradshaw sees a manolo blahnik on display and greets it lovingly "hello, lover".
Manolo Blahnik d'Orsay.... arent they darlings?
that exactly comes to my mind when i went shoe shopping with my niece just now. i love wearing mules, i have 20 pairs of them (not up to imelda marcos' or carrie bradshaw's standards). most of them are around 2 1/2 inch heels, which i wear to school, and that also means i stand in them when i'm teaching the students (or invigilating them during exam, since they tend to cheat, and by standing i can prevent any mischief).

before my spiritual journey, my friend Dr As gave me a massage during our gathering and pressed at a spot at my feet which caused me to yell. everybody's first question was, "do you wear high heels?". my frens told me to stop wearing heels and to start wearing decent low-heeled shoes. and i promised them i'll change after the trip.

and so i went shoe shopping today. and i sighed. and sighed. and sighed. because there were rows and rows of pretty mules (most of them are 2 1/2 inch heels) and instantaneously i was reminded of carrie's greetings. ah those days were over! now i've to find scholls, clarks or hush puppies. i did buy sensible mules from scholls, but not before buying pretty green polka dot wedges.

old habits die hard.

No comments: