Saturday, August 02, 2008

The Vow of a Shopaholic

i paid my tailor a visit today, along with my silks. when i told her there are more cloths for her to sew, she exclaimed "but you have too many clothes already!"

and that woke me up from my cloth buying frenzy. yes, it sobered me up, especially after i remember that my closet is so packed with my baju kurungs and kebayas that all of them are wrinkled. and i counted how many pieces more i have with her - 9 pieces, which she'll sew in stages. i kept thinking of the money i could have saved (don't we all), but then i agree with the survey they did about malaysian women - that we shop when we're under a lot of stress. hey, i'm in a cluster school, that's enough to give any teacher a high b.p.

but then, i know i've to learn to be frugal.

therefore, i'll make a vow to myself that:

1. i will not make anymore cloth purchases no matter how cheap or how cute they look especially if the cloths are pink in colour.

2. i will not shop at kinokuniya, marks & spencer, habib, vincci, nose or any other shoe shops or dine at chili's when i'm in KL.

3. i will not buy any other handbags no matter how cheap they are...hmmph... on second thought, i still can't forget that blue Kenneth Cole handbag....okay, okay...focus, focus, be frugal...be frugal...

4. i will not eat out, but i will cook and buy fresh produce from the wet market.
(hey, i've done that already!)

5. i will not use my credit card this month (this is the biggest challenge).

*long sigh*

6 comments:

Ina said...

Nora,

The cloths you bought were truly divine...hehehe... especially the pink one. I can foresee that vow no. 2 and 5 are a bit 'difficult' to achieve...hehehe...If you want to let go of any pink coloured cloth, I'm more than willing to get it off your hands...hehehe...

Anonymous said...

sure not teacher...hahaha...if i see you in vincci how? lol...jk jk...all the best :)

Faisal Admar said...

this post remind me of my own post about financial problem free :)

necessary vs necessity!

C.Kiddo said...

Dun worry Teacher... I support u!!! Hahaha...
Jim Should be fired dy...Ask somebody else to be president... Hahahahaha....... Jz kidding Jim...

Anonymous said...

temptation is not easy to cure. i agree. you can start now and improve later on in ramadhan. you have my support too.. hehehehe

Michelle ♥ said...

Wa teacher.. Not using credit cards is really hard le.. Haha.. Good luck teacher =D