Friday, August 15, 2008

Trauma

have you ever gone through a stage of life when everything was going so well (or just passable) and then suddenly your world came crashing down?

yes, you must have. otherwise, you're not a human. nobody lives a perfect life, unless you're Barbie. last monday, there's a break-in at my house, the second in 9 months. thank god for the alarm system.

though physically the house is okay, the trauma stays with me. it envelops like a second skin, and i hate that. i get paranoid nowadays, but sometimes it pays to be paranoid. having said though, such traumatic experiences prevent you from being free, as you're constantly living in fear, and right now i can feel the strain.

it's a cruel world we're living in.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teacher,

I have some experience about my things been stealed by my OWN friends. The thing is such as money, handphone, writing items. But it was last year so i don't really care. This year the same thing happen,I realiste tha a few of my money went lost when I left it in my bag (I know, it is my fault), Well one of my friend(Person B) said the person who take it is Person A. The case is exactly like last year. I Ask this Person A and he/she never submit that he/she take it but he/she said that the person who take it is Person B. Yup,Just like last year... Afterthat, I went OVERREACTED,Confused,Mad and now I'm not able to talk to either Person A or Person B, teacher knew that, a quarrel. I don't want to talk about how i OVERREACT until it become like that and I also don't know why i OVERREACT. So I though maybe because it was the same as last year.
SO THE QUESTION IS..
Is this also called A TRAUMA?
Sorry if
1. there is a few mistake of grammar in the comment.
2. Too long?

Michelle ♥ said...

Teacher lives alone?

nora muhammad said...

that s not trauma....trauma is when about fear of something because of some bad experiences

Anonymous said...

So what it is called as? It was same thing that happen, but the only different this time is that I OVERREACT too much this time. Just like teacher said, trauma is when about fear of something because of bad experience. So though that it is called a trauma because of last year experience.
Well anyway,thanks for the answer,teacher. I'll manage somehow.
Oh ya, don't work over your limit in the holiday,teacher. ^^
Enjoy your holiday teacher~

Anonymous said...

if only u can put guard dogs at the front yard.. some people would really do whatever they can for easy money. it is a cruel world we living in..
very cruel.