Saturday, October 25, 2008

au revoir, my pretty heels

Months ago before I went umrah, I received a stern instruction from my fren Dr As to stop wearing heels. which I followed religiously, of course, until the day I shopped for my raya shoes. they're perfect, as if waiting for me - one, because they're pink, and all my raya ensembles are in pink this year, and two, they have pretty bows.


after my return from umrah months ago, I also bought green polka dot wedges and they look oh so cute! I just had to get them, never mind that they're 2.5 inches high. I wore them to the 70s themed dinner last weekend.


and so, after being on "high heels fasting" for quite some time, I happily strutted in my heels, forgetting my fren's warning until on thursday I felt pain in my nerves starting from my back, down to my calf and to my left foot. the pain was so excruciating that I had to move slowly, and had to pray sitting down. I blamed everything on the rain, and the jellies I took, until a talk to my other fren and also her hubby revealed that this happened because of my heavy weight and also the heels. oh bummer! after they prescribed me some medicine, I sat down, looking at my heels.

why is it the best things are not good for you?

like cheesecakes and tiramisu - they are fattening.
beautiful heels - they kill your back!

I mourn for the more than 20 heels that I own but I can't wear.

2 comments:

Ina said...

Nora,

More than 20 heels...giler... Sejak aku kahwin dalam 10 tahun lebih ni takde kasut banyak camtu... Rasanya dalam setahun, beli 2, 3 je kot... itupun kalo dah memang kaput giler baru beli lain... hehehe... Kat Sudan ni pun ada 3 pasang aje... satu trainers, satu pump and satu sandal (to fit all occasions...). takpe, sekurang2nya, ko jimat sikit duit lepas ni...

nora muhammad said...

i doubt it ina... i might start a flats-buying frenzy hehehe