Wednesday, October 29, 2008

the lowest ebb

i'm at my lowest ebb now. there are too many things happening, and at times i just cant help myself but cry.

some may find this a shock, but to those who are close to me, they know the reason why.

i'm trying not to be a drama queen here, but this is just a series of unfortunate events for me - well let's just say i cut it short and start from the moment my mother was diagnosed with cancer until now. in the span of more than a year, i've felt pain of all kinds. my mother is sick, siblings bickering, my house was broken in twice and i was humiliated by a man. and on top of it all, i'm staying alone, while my family is in KL.

i like him the first time i met him, we were talking about our school days. he came in an old lorry, i dont know whether this was a deliberate test for me. and he brought his son. it was drizzling and he covered his son's head with his own tshirt since there was no umbrella in his lorry. i found it very endearing. anyway, he just went through a bitter divorce and his cousin pushed me to go for him. she meant well, but i felt embarrassed. i'm not a well looking for a timba. and so i met almost everybody in his family.his mother even consulted me for the right recipe for making fruit cake.i even had breakfast with his grandma. his youngest son was quite attached to me. probably because i reminded him of his mother.

but i didnt get the right vibe from the boy's father. this i told to my friend. but she kept pushing me. until one day when i went to his house but he totally ignored me...

that was the most humiliating experience for me. and yet, despite all this, i still like him.

and a few days ago i learnt that he has remarried.

watching my favourite kungfu hustle didnt help, and my eyes and nose became puffy red. the alarm techies came, and were wondering why the red puffiness.

i know that God gives tests to all his servants, and i try very hard to be patient, and i recall the story of Nabi Ayub and how he had to suffer for years. i just hope that i'll find happiness soon.

Mandolin Rain by Bruce Hornby

A cool evening dance listening to the bluegrass band
takes the chill from the air till they play the last song
i'll do my time, oh keeping you off my mind
but there're moments that i find, i'm not feeling so strong.

listen to the mandolin rain, listen to the music on the lake
listen to my heart break, everytime she runs away
listen to the banjo wind, sad song drifting low
listen to my tears roll down my face as she turns to go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Nora,

Allah knows best. Have faith, be strong and rational...Life is a journey, come along red poppies to cheer you or to make you an addict. Your choice.

Loves, Shiroh

Ina said...

Noraaaaaaaaaaaa,

Are you okay? It's not meant to be dear, just let it go... Hope you'll be strong to handle this. Allah hanya menguji hambanya yang kuat untuk menghadapi ujian yang diberikanNya. Chin up and face it like a brave woman that you are...

nora muhammad said...

thanx u guys *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Dear Ticer,

Just read your post. I understand the situation you going thru. just a sign from Allah so that you will be closer to Him. Have faith and find solace in Him who promised happiness to all of us either now or in the afterlife. Everyday I will have a little bit of prayer for you that maybe if this year has not been your year, perhaps the next will be all about you.