Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Day I Cried

in my whole 12 years of teaching, never did i once cry in class. never. but today, after 2 months of teaching the hooligans, i cried. cried not because i was timid. no, i'm not timid. i cried because although i wanted to feel noble by teaching these kids, they didn't seem to care. i was just a tree stump there, talking to the wall like an idiot.

i was about to break down and ask them if they knew how difficult it was to teach them and that they left me frustrated. at that time i remembered my ex students' comments in facebook : "come back to SS la teacher" where i was appreciated.

and remembering those wonderful times and how satisfied i was when teaching them, that made me cry.

i turned my back on them and kept my head down. i could hear them blaming each other " kau la ni yang buat teacher nangis"

slowly a few boys and girls came to comfort me.

i eventually turned around and faced them with my tear-stained eyes.

the class was quiet and sober for awhile.

on my way home i felt so emotionally drained, and so empty.

does this mean it's time to make changes?

5 comments:

Michelle ♥ said...

Aw teacher..
Don't be sad..
I'm pretty sure they are just innocent kids lah~
Don't sad dy oh!~

Loves lots,
Michelle^^

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum Nora..i'm now in Korea. Possibility of sending my son to sek. men. padang tembak. He will be in form 1 this yr. Can you give me your honest opinion about this school. my e-mail lyn9895@yahoo.co.uk

Alia Ibrahim said...

hye teacher...
=)

Wei Lim_93 said...

Hang in there Teacher... But we do hope to see you again!!!

C.Kiddo said...

I believe u can deal with them...
give some time to urself and those kids..
Be happy always~

~Chung~