Monday, February 22, 2010

The Idea....

the last entry triggered this entry, because there are a lot of things that i wish i can do in my life, that in the past i used to confuse myself with the idea and reality.

for instance, i love to cook. but i'm not that great like Nigella Lawson or Julia Child or Martha Stewart. i like the idea of cooking because it's very therapeutic. i love the smell of freshly baked goods like cakes and breads, and i love the idea of rolling the pastry to make croissants from scratch. but then, reality only stops at baking and cooking for survival - because even though i know how to make croissant, the thought of folding the pastry for a few times makes me cringe. plus, i must have ample time to do it.

and i love the idea of having a garden. when i was in terengganu i would buy a lot of plants - i used to have asters, roses, dianthuses, water iris, petunias and chrysanthemums. but that's just it. i just love the idea. at that time, my late mother would point that out to me and told me to stop buying plants.

and i love the idea of having a cat. i used to have a lot. my most beloved cat would be Fluffy, who died on 25th march 2007. he's a persian and was so adorable. but then i had a maid to feed him and clear his litter. for almost a year now i've been toying with the idea. but then i had to take a reality check. i can't take care of a persian on my own now.

and the greatest idea? to travel and have unlimited financial sources in order to do it. that'd make my day.

ah, the idea, the idea...

No comments: