Friday, January 24, 2020

The Healing Trip


I am now back in my home state, just for the CNY holidays. At the moment I'm at Kg Penarik, Setiu. It's where my father was from.

As a child, I would come here with my parents to visit the relatives. I remember boat trips along the river, and picnics at the beach. 

Ah, the beach. I like to spend time alone here, deep in thought, and have the spread in front of me console and reassure me that everything will be alright. 

And that is exactly what I'm doing. Living in the city is exciting, but you meet too many selfish people and you get hurt by those people. Coming back here is like a retreat for my soul. I'm pleasantly surprised to find that chivalry isn't dead here. In KL a man will not hesitate to exit through a door first without looking at a woman behind him but here, some men held the door for me. Well,what do you know, chivalry is alive and kickin'. 

Good food, good vibes. Hope that I'll be re-energised! 

No comments: