Thursday, April 08, 2010

The Letter

last tuesday started badly. i had 6 periods of classes, and that also included screaming at some of the boys. my head of panel broke to me the bad news - that we have to hold an English workshop for the good students just because, well, just because the Science Panel did it last week, and that somebody didn't want the HM to think he has slackened. how nice. somebody made an error, and somebody else has to do the dirty job.

and so i came home feeling miserable, because i had to prepare a powerpoint presentation. as usual i checked the mail. and suddenly there was a letter addressed to me, with Lembaga Tabung Haji stamp on it. i was thinking, "Oh well, may be they just wanted to inform me that i've enough money to go to Mekah"


But, it wasn't so. instead, it reads "Tawaran Menunaikan Haji Tahun 1431H/2010M (Terpilih)" (An Offer to Perform Haj in the year 1431 Hijjrah/2010 AD (Chosen)). suddenly there's a wide smile on my face. bigger than the Cheshire cat's. my neighbour was watering his plants and noticed me smiling "apa tu kak?" and i informed him. reality checked in, and suddenly, i was jumping like a school girl!!

it felt good. it really felt good. it's a surreal feeling, more than when i received my M.A cert from HR Raja Nazrin, just like the time when i saw Kaabah for the first time. only 0.01% Malaysians are chosen to perform haj every year, and now i'm one of them.

Alhamdulillah.


No comments: