Tuesday, May 25, 2010

gossiping

i'm on duty at school this week, so that means i'm the last person to leave school. and because i was late and tired, i decided to dine out. i went to this one particular restaurant which serves nyonya inspired dishes. the tauke lady is friendly enough, and likes to call female customers "sister". 

last evening, though, she really irritated me. 

i've always been careful about my food and drink intake, but after the heavy-duty workout and the asam laksa i thought that i deserve a treat. i wanted to have rice. she told me the rice has only turmeric and no coconut milk, and the chicken rendang has little coconut milk in it. drinks? i was tempted to have my favourite Season's iced lemon tea, but i asked for plain water instead. i told her i was watching my sugar intake. she asked me if i have ...? and i said no, i don't have diabetes, i'm on a diet.

"but you're a beautiful lady, why do you need to diet?" 

is she blind? i told her i already lost 13kgs. then she commented

"you have lovely skin" and i started to tell her that i'm under medication for my PCOS, and that's why i have smooth skin, but the only thing she caught was " i'm taking pills".

the next thing i knew while i was eating, i heard her talk to a couple who're also eating there. don't you just hate it when you can hear someone discussing you?

and guess what she told the couple - that i'm on slimming pills!

is she crazy? it really irked me that some people think i'll do anything to lose weight. but then these people don't know me, and those who know me, know me that i'll do things the right way - which is why i don't cheat like some other women who are lazy to sweat out and go to slimming centres instead.

that also tells me one thing. that the tauke loves to gossip.


No comments: