Thursday, November 13, 2008

au revoir, SS!

today is my last day in smk sultan sulaiman. a part of me is sad to leave, but i'm happy to reunite with my family and friends.

today i clocked in for the last time in SS. i wore my favourite pink batik silk. there was a present wrapped in purplish pink with a card on my table. somehow i knew who it was from - kak wan azma. and i could guess that it's a recipe book. yup, it's a book on slow cooker recipes. i was planning on cooking some of those dishes when i move to kl.

then at noon, the form 6 teachers came in, and gave me another present and you guess it, pink paperbag. there's kain sembahyang inside, with pink embroidery. after settling all the work, i started going around the office and the staffrooms, salaming everybody, and asking for forgiveness. i was worried that i would tear up. but i guess my excitement prevented all that. i'm not saying that i want to forget the people in SS, but to be with my family and to hang out with friends again! then when i was salaming with kak wan aminah, the secretary for the exam unit, i got a bit emotional, as she asked me if i was going to forget them. when i got back to my own staffroom to salam, i received 2 presents from the female teachers - all wrapped in, you guessed it, pink. kak muna told me that they didnt want me to wear pink all the time so they bought me cloths in other colours. well, the first piece has pink flowers, but the other piece is totally not my colour. but that's their point i guess. while hugging and salaming, all of them had one same advice for me - although it wasnt directly put, the wish they gave was laden with meaning. the word "berbahagia" kept cropping up.

one teacher said that it won't be the same next year, as i won't be there to entertain them with desserts, kak muna will be going off to down under with her husband, and my close friend shima will be on study leave to do her masters.

it's sad though. because i belong to the school, i've a place there. i'm a part of the community. but life goes on, and one does not stay in a place for so long. c'est la vie! i'll miss the people there. i'll miss the students, i'll miss my LCDS activities, i'll miss grumbling over the tonnes of work they give us.

it's a good school. i had a good life there with a great bunch of people, and i wouldn't have asked for the transfer were it not for the forced circumstances.

au revoir, au revoir.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a shame I didn't get to present you something before you leave, teacher. Hope you won't mind. And hope you won't forget our craziness and laughter that we shared all these years.

Take care.

C.Kiddo said...

Well Steven... I believe memories are the best present we can give to Miss Nora now...
Miss... We will miss u... Hahaha... By the way...Can I know which part of KL u staying at?

Smiley Smiley~~~

nora muhammad said...

i'm not sure yet where i'll be staying...will inform later

::. N d r i e a .:: said...

There's never a right time to say goodbye
But we know that we gotta go
Our separate ways
And I know it's hard but I gotta do it
And it's killing me
Cause there's never a right time
Right time to say goodbye


Take Care Miss Nora

Anonymous said...

i don't know if you still remember me but I was in 4 Ikram this year, but moved to TKC.

Oh, btw, no one told me that you're leaving. I only found this out while I was checking out your blog. awww, so you're leaving SS. Yeah, the school is full of sweet memories, I hope you will remember the school, always =)

Good Luck n Take Care

Wei Lim_93 said...

sobz... no one to teach literature next year!!!