Monday, November 03, 2008

The Blood Test

because i had so many anxieties and sadness, i had a migraine attack last saturday. and so i mourned, because although it was a beautiful sunny saturday, i couldnt enjoy the day, as i spent it on my bed, with the pounding in my head.

normally i 'll get migraine attacks after a few sleepless nights, or facing direct sunlight or plain PMS. but knowing myself, something was amiss. and so i decided to visit the doctor, who happened to be the mother of one of my students. she took my BP reading and pronounced that my BP reading was okay. hmm....so why the migraine? of course, we agreed that it can be attributed to my anxiety and stress. nevertheless, i was dissatisfied and wanted to do a blood test today.

it must be said that i hate needles. i hate the sight of blood. i can still remember the day in the lab back when we were in form 5 when my Bio teacher told us to prick ourselves using lancets to check our blood type. that was a scary day for me. anyway, when the lab assistant came i told her i wasnt about to look at the needle. but i did see my dark red blood afterwards. i felt queasy all of a sudden. the results came out and i found out that i have elevated uric acid, which is a cause of concern, since it seems that it runs in the family. my blood sugar level is still quite normal, as with my cholesterol level. i made a call to As, who assured me, "i'm telling you, nora, don't worry".

so now i'm reading up about what to eat and not to eat... *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Teacher...
Thank you for your support on my humble blog..hehehe..
i do wish u would take care of your diet... by the way that was a very mouth watering entry ...(ur previous one)...hehe ... hope u had a good healthy life ahead...

ok ticer.. so this 22nd november will u be in terengganu or not?
my wedding at the end of the year...huhu finally...

mr fiqaz