Friday, November 07, 2008

the transfer

two days ago, i went to the ministry website to check on the status of my transfer application. it stated that the results would be out today. so early this morning, roughly around 7ish in the morning, i logged into site - and found the word TAHNIAH in red capital letters. yay! i got the transfer to Federal Territory!

yes, i'm thankful and relieved.

as my earlier post revealed, i had a rough time dealing with what-ifs and the fear of the unknown. i gradually learned to appreciate the house that i grew up in, to finally feel responsible for it, and to have a place where i belong, where i'm the mistress.

some of the teachers' opinions are not helping in my making the decision. they're horrified with my idea of living in KL alone instead of with my siblings. one teacher even predicted that i'd be back in terengganu after a year. i was devastated. and confused. and scared.

but a talk with my niece and my 2 frens helped. i remember why i wanted to transfer in the first place. i remember crying on my way back to terengganu after spending some time with my family in KL. where i stay in KL doesnt matter because my family will be there for me; instead of being some 400km away from them.

i guess some people do not understand the fear of being alone without the family. yes, this is my hometown. and yes, i love the laidback lifestyle. but my family and my friends aren't here. they are in KL.

i do not know what lies in store for me in the future. but i'm learning to accept changes, because i have to, and i'm a fighter.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

what can I say.. it's gonna be a big lost to the students of SS and also to LCDS.

anyway, I wish you all the best in KL, teacher. =)

nora muhammad said...

that's sweet of u steven :o)

C.Kiddo said...

I wish you Good Luck in KL, Miss.

We all will miss u badly... Keep in touch with us ya... :)

Ina said...

Dear Nora,

Congrats Nora, it's finally happening... good luck in packing all your stuff... don't forget to bring all your cooking utensils as I'm sure you're going to cook in KL, right?!! I'm sure your mother's thrilled with the news... go on Nora, pack all your stuff...

Unknown said...

and oh, maybe we can go hang out to talk (or gossip) about this n that in KL someday? haha. =p

happy packing, happy leaving.. and.. happy always. =D

Anonymous said...

Nora, home is where your heart is...except for garfield:- home is where the fridge is. Welcome to Klang Valley! Shiroh

::. N d r i e a .:: said...

We'll miss u teacher.Take Care and all the best in KL.Do visit us here in KT when u are free =)

Michelle ♥ said...

='(
Ikunai yo... (Don't go..)
Good luck in everything teacher!~


p/s: teacher really cannot stay for another year mer?