Saturday, January 03, 2009

life isnt peachy, and it aint a bed of roses

it's been a few weeks since i last blogged. unlike some people who love their lives because it's a mundane life, mine is everything that is not mundane.

i was happy to come out of seclusion of the hotel. i celebrated my freedom by going to JB for my , where we seri puteri 5 ilmu gathering - in a train! we arrived in kluang first, in the wee hours, and slept at shidah's sister's house. in the morning, after listening to ella screaming on the phone, we finally got on the road with my chocolate cake and anne's satay. it was a happy affair - imagine, we still see each other even though it's been 19 years since we left seri puteri. there's much pregnant zana, ever gracious hostess ella, boisterous ina, gayah, shidah, anne and me. the feasting started amidst all the gaiety and the children's screaming and laughter. until, suddenly...when i checked my hp and saw there's been 13 missed calls from kak sham. it seems that my mother has developed an ovarian cyst (caused by the cancer cells) and the cyst broke. my mother was bleeding profusely. of course i thought of the worst case scenario. the friends saw my glum look and some offered a lift back to KL with them. i cut my vacation short and the next day returned to KL, dreading the worst after talking to my doctor friends As and Mas. but my mother was okay, because she could still be angry with me. she was sulking that i left her, although the day before i already came to see her to tell her that i was going to JB. i try to spend time with my mother whenever i have the time.

next, i attended the first meeting at the new school. okay, granted, it's totally different from SS, but i cant complain. the other bummer is that i've to teach in the afternoon session. the worst? they gave me 2 classes of sejarah for form 2!!!!! geez.....

yes, i was furious. because when i was in SS they gave me form 3 english classes. i remember the joy i felt when i was about to enter the class...i remember the lecture i gave them...i remember the lessons...in short, i miss SS.

kak sham said that the whole family is a family of complainers, and i'm the worst whiner. well... probably i am. but then, i'm being myself.



No comments: