Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Losing It

i thought that everything would be well once i figured out why God has put me in this school. but i was wrong. the teachers in the school must have been amused with my enthusiasm, because i was very emotional when i told my head of panel that 7 of my form 1 students are barely literate. i promised to have intensive grammar class with my form 2 students. yes, it's a noble job and i felt good.

but yesterday i was given 4 periods in a row from 1.40-3.40pm. when i was in SS, i complained to the master timetable maker when i had 3 periods in a row! that paled in comparison to what i had to go through yesterday. 4 periods in a row, teaching the 2 form 2 classes, and i was actually screaming, yes, screaming! even that didnt guarrantee the students' attention. i pity them actually. i pity them because, because of their ignorance, they don't know that without education they'll be reduced to being blue-collar workers. that ignorance and idleness is their enemy and not their friend. and so i screamed to compete with their voices, and in the end i had chest pains (i was wondering if this is the start of a heart attack)

i had another set of double periods at 5.20 - my form 1 class. being form 1 students, all came to me like little children, complaining about everything from not having a copy of a timetable to having their correction fluid broken by a classmate. *sigh* i'm not used to being a form 1 form teacher, having taught the upper forms for years.

come 6.45, i was drained emotionally and physically.

i honestly don't know what to do now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Nora,
I am grateful that you have the passion to teach the students. My son is a dyslexic. I just hope his teacher would not give up on him either. Loves, Shiroh.

Art said...
This comment has been removed by the author.